Saturday, June 12, 2010

My first race!

As most of you know I was talked into trying a running program. I know I know me run right LOL. Well turns out I like it. So this year I ran in the Alaska Run for Women 5 mile. This race is to raise funds & awareness for breast cancer. I know I was surprised too.Nothing amazing or anything but hey it was fun!
Yes this is before we started.

I decide to run this race in honor of my dear friend Beth. You remember back to when you were in high school. Yes I know for some of us that was a long time ago. Anyways you always had way more than 1 set of parents. Well, Beth was one of those to me. She was my best friends mom.
Running this race for her was my honor.

Finished!!! Michelle & I in line to get some bread!
This was an amazing feeling to complete a race with so many women. Over 7,100 women were part of this event.

So look forward to future running updates.




No comments:

Post a Comment